Sunday, September 30, 2012

But anyway, I


Blackbaud I respect but I'm not a fan worshiping like many others in the nonprofit minster equine vets sector seem. I saw colleagues say small start-up tha [more ...] John Sauve-Rodd (United Kingdom) Blackbaud pruning and improving his orchard
Thus, it is as I predicted. The leopard, as Kipling minster equine vets wrote, can not change its spots, and Blackbaud has - once again - bought a competitor purchased [more ...] Charlie Inlander on acquisition: asking the wrong question
Excellent points - everything. But another point that I think has hurt charities re public outrage (at times) acquisition costs [more ...] Tom Ahern on acquisition: asking the wrong question
I forgot that "incredibly articulate" means exactly. And then I read something by Ken and remember. Please keep this issue fron [more ...] Neil Gallaiford on acquisition: asking the wrong question
There is a certain segment of the population that are most effectively reached by telephone. That this number is quite so recent past [more ...] Lisa Sargent on acquisition: asking the wrong question
Thank you Roger. Pending these posts to come - also thank you for sharing Ken position in its entirety. I now read the third time and [more ...] Ellen Cobb Church on CNN investigation continues Quadriga Art
← Previous: Do not think, give | Next: It's great to give → Think, then give tbelford By | December minster equine vets 8, 2011
The overwhelming conclusion of psychological studies is that giving is motivated by a variety of needs and non-rational impulses and, indeed, of thinking or rationalization in the way of giving.
Beth said: "The study shows that nonprofits can increase their fundraising and improve operations through a deliberate focus on measurement - allowing them to determine the impact, effectiveness and efficiency. Following financial information, individual donors want information on how nonprofits receive their results. "
Now, the money for the study was conducted minster equine vets by Good GuideStar, whose business is the provision of performance information charity. It's OK. And donors minster equine vets will always say an investigation which, of course they think deeply and carefully about giving their choice. Nobody admits victims of their emotions!
But anyway, I'm sticking with psychologists. Emotion rules give. Emotion gives donors the point of giving. If an "analysis" and "thought" occurs, it may break anyway ... he can not get in the way, or it can help the donor make a "rational" choice among alternatives.
So, absolutely, about results. But I would say that the idea of speaking of results is still elicit an emotional response ... not trigger a kind of ROI analysis. Keep this in mind when you submit your results. How, for example?
This entry was posted in: accountability, baby boomers, charities, communications, Do not miss these messages, fundraising, managing nonprofit, nonprofit,
philanthropy, research . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
I agree we are in the world of "instant gratification". We buy on credit because we want them now, we show that we are on Facebook minster equine vets now rather than telling people face to face later, we jump to a different website if the first one we tried was not intuitive or does not load immediately. Why should be different gifts. NPOs should take this emotional reaction and monetize it immediately.
Every single recent study neurophisiological suiccesful and each market is based on emotions, so there is not even a debate. Display results and prove the value of money is a rational request to engage a donor organization.
- Emotion works to recruit people, rational support helps keep - Emotion operates at low value and the need to increase support rational value of the gift - Certain brands of charity minster equine vets or communications sectors minster equine vets require more rational impact / reporting / transparency, others do not (despite what people say in groups) - The proof is in the pudding - but only with patience. minster equine vets Test two communications, one of each type, at the time of recruitment. Analyze the return on investment in the short term. Most organizations will then declare a "winner", and my bet is that 9 of the 10 winners will be more emotional. But: follow recruits recruitment minster equine vets pack more efficiently and - if they get appropriate SRM - the "thinkers will have a higher LTV. Maybe.
I agree that the most common donors to give personal emotional minster equine vets and socially

No comments:

Post a Comment